From Airports to Kyoto
- The easiest and fastest way to come to Kyoto from Kansai International Airport (Osaka) is to take Limited Express Haruka Train. The train station is adjacent to the airport and you should not have any problems finding it.
- Here is a map of the airport terminal building and the station.
- Timetable of Haruka (JR Timetable)
- There are always enough seats so you can purchase a ticket of non-reserve seat in Haruka which should cost 2980 yen, and traveling time will be 73 minutes. The train will arrive on Track #30 in JR Kyoto Station.
- Layout of JR Kyoto Station.
From Kyoto Station to Kyoto University (download pdf)
- You can take a taxi from JR Kyoto Station to Kyoto University. Tell your driver to go, "Kyodai Nogakubu-mae" and he or she will drop you in front of the entrance gate of North Campus. The taxi fare should be around 2,000 yen.
- The most economical way to come to our laboratory is to take #17 Kyoto City Bus at A2 bus stop from JR Kyoto Station Bus Terminal and get off at "Kyodai Nogakubu-mae". The bus fare is 220 yen. Please refer to this site for how to ride Kyoto City Bus.
- Should you have any problems at the airport and JR Kyoto Station, please call us at 075-753-4015.
Around Kyoto University (download pdf)
- Our office is located on the 3rd floor in Bulding #6 at the North Campus of Kyoto University.
- Prof. Takegoshi: Rm #375
- other members: Rm #377
- 15 min walk from Demachiyanagi Station.
- 1 min walk from Kyodai-Nougakubu-mae bus stop.